Environmental Advisory Council (EAC)
- The EAC meets at 7 p.m. on the fourth Monday of the month in the Township Building
The council current members include:
- Russell Phifer
- Neil Chandler
- X. Sean Zhang
- George Hundt Jr.
In December of 2008 the London Grove Township Board of supervisors passed Ordinance 149, establishing an Environmental Advisory Council (EAC) for London Grove Township (LGT). With environmental conservation and improvement as their exclusive focus, EAC’s are designed to have a significant impact on the quality of life in Pennsylvania’s communities. Moreover, EAC’s are an important link between local governing bodies and neighboring communities and often bridge the gap between municipalities forming networks to achieve environmental objectives.
The primary focus of the EAC is improving water quality. Recent efforts the EAC has made toward that goal include:
- Assisting with the Township’s Storm Water Management Program
- Helping the public understand the environmental consequences of decisions they make
- Participating in the White Clay Creek Management Committee programs
- Promoting action on environmental issues
- Promoting riparian buffers
- Providing information to the elected officials and the various Township commissions/boards
- Reviewing Southeastern Chester County Refuse Authority (SECCRA) well monitoring reports