Recycling & Waste Program
Household Hazardous Waste
2021 Flyer Coming Soon
It is the individual property owners responsibility for their own trash and recycling pick-up. Trash picking is prohibited.
Separation of Recyclables
Recyclables shall be kept separate from municipal waste, to the extent required by the following provisions:
- Owners and occupants of all residential properties shall keep separate the following recyclables: clear glass containers, brown glass container, green glass containers, plastic containers, aluminium cans, bi-metallic cans, corrugated paper, newspaper and leaf waste.
- Owners and occupants of all commercial, municipal and industrial establishments ans properties ans sponsors or organizations of community activities shall keep separate the following recyclables: clear glass containers, brown glass containers, green glass containers, aluminum cans, bi-metallic cans, plastic containers, corrugated paper, newspaper, high grade office paper and leaf waste.
Corrugated paper shall be placed in easy to manage bundles not to exceed fifty (50) pounds and kept dry. Glass containers, plastics, bi-metallic cans and aluminum cans shall be emptied and cleaned. Aluminum cans, bi-metallic cans, plastics and glass containers may be mixed together and placed in containers supplied by the resident’s trash hauler. High-grade office paper shall be placed in boxes not to exceed fifty (50) pounds. Recyclables shall not be placed in the same garbage can or other container as, or otherwise mixed with municipal; waste for collection, removal or disposal. Recyclables shall not be placed in plastic bags or other disposable bags or containers made of polyethylene or other similar base.
Recyclables may be set out for collection in a manner different from the requirements in paragraph 12.B (above) if an alternative manner is designated by the collector.
Disposal or Placement for Removables- Residential (other than multi-family housing properties)
For residential properties other than multi-family housing projects, all recyclables which are required to be kept separate pursuant to Section 12.A, above, shall be placed at the appropriate location on the premises to be collected at times designated by the registered hauler. The frequency of such collection shall not be less than once per month for recyclables and for leaf waste.
The recyclables and/or leaf waste are to be collected by a registered hauler.
The Township is a curbside recycling mandated community under state law Act 101. Under this Act the Township developed and passed a recycling and trash ordinance in April of 2004 with an updated ordinance in 2008. This ordinance requires all residents and commercial entities to recycle. Multiple haulers provide recycling services in our community, homeowners are responsible for choosing a waste and recycling contractor. Contracted haulers all provide single-stream recycling (all materials can be put in 1 receptacle).
The following Haulers are registered to collect within the Township; resident can choose their own haulers.
- A J Blosenski -610-942-2707
- Trash Tech– 610-274-1306
- Republic Services -610-869-2222
- Waste Management -800-869-5566
Haulers are limited to collection of municipal waste and recyclables between hours of 6 AM and 6 PM. All waste storage containers/recycling bins may be placed curbside at 6 p.m. the night before the day of collection, empty containers must be retrieved from the curbside within 12 hours of the collection time.
- Do you know what happens to your recycling once your hauler takes it away? It goes to a single stream processing plant, to be separated and sent out to various companies to make many different products. Therefore it is very important to only put the proper items in your recycling bins.
- Electronics such as laptops, desktops, monitors, televisions, etc., are banned from being placed in a landfill with municipal waste.These electronics must now be recycled at recycling facility. For additional information for residential recycling please visit Chester County Solid Waste Authority (CCSWA).
- Manufacturers of these items are to provide no-cost recycling opportunities for these electronics.
- SECCRA will accept electronics; charges are by weight, $5.00 for up to 140 lbs. weights above are pro-rated at $68 per ton.
- If it is a panel set/flat screen, you may take it to Tom’s TV’s in West Grove Borough but you must call first.
- Consumers will be responsible for taking their electronics to the approved electronics collection location. Residents can bring electronics to Southeastern Chester County Refuse Authority (SECCRA ) to dispose of the item(s) for a fee.