Planning & Zoning
Planning and Zoning Departmental responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Handling day-to-day activities such as handling inquiries, issuing permits, enforcement, etc.
- Planning activities such as the Comprehensive Plan
- Processing appeals to the Zoning Hearing Board
- Reviewing and approving of subdivision and/or land development plans
- Reviewing and commenting on planning studies
- Suggesting amendments to the Zoning and Subdivision/Land Development ordinances
The Planning and Zoning Department is administered by:
- Ken Battin, Township Manager/Zoning Officer
- Charles Shock, Assistant Zoning Officer
- Dawn Maciejczyk, Administrative Assistants
Administration of the department also requires the assistance of professionals such as the Township Engineer and Township Solicitor. The Planning Commission and Board of Supervisors also play significant roles in carrying out the responsibilities of this department.