Park Rules & Regulations
Current Rules and Regulations
Please enjoy, and respect, this community resource:
- Normal park hours are from dawn to dusk. Use of the park outside this time is prohibited unless an event is sponsored or sanctioned by the Township.
- Permits and/or fees may be required for certain uses or facilities. Picnic facilities (pavilions, tables, grills) may require advance reservations. Fires are permitted in Township grills and barbecue pits only; private grills, stoves, or similar cooking devices are not to be used in the park. Open fires are prohibited.
- Individuals, groups, or organizations are responsible for any damage to the park resulting from their use of facilities.
- Motor vehicles are permitted only on established access drives and within designated parking areas. ATVs and similar motorized recreation vehicles are NOT permitted in the park.
- Use of non-motorized recreational equipment (e.g., bicycles, skateboards, scooters) shall be limited to the park trails and nowhere else within the park. Pedestrians, including runners: please remain on the trail, path, and walkway system within the park.
- The sale, consumption, or possession of alcoholic beverages or illicit drugs is prohibited in the park.
- Fireworks, knives, explosives, cross bows, bows and arrows, any other types of lethal weapons, or paint guns are not permitted in the park.
- Goddard Park is primarily a carry in/carry out facility. Park users are asked to remove all refuse, trash, and rubbish. Waste receptacles are available at the dog park and on a limited basis elsewhere in the park.
- No dumping of grass clippings, leaves, branches, and other landscape materials is permitted.
- Park users are asked to preserve the scenic beauty, conserve natural resources, and protect wildlife and birds within the park. Please DO NOT feed animals (squirrels, birds, etc.) in the park.
- Respectful and appropriate behavior is expected of park users at all times.
- Pet owners and handlers are reminded to clean up after pets anywhere within the park, including the dog park. All pets must be kept on leashes except dogs within the dog park. Animals must be licensed and immunized. Dogs are not permitted on or within the playground.
- Please exercise caution in the area of the pond and avoid creating hazardous conditions. Swimming and ice-skating are prohibited in the park.
- Fishing in the pond is on a catch-and-release basis only. The regulations of the Pa. Dept. of Conservation and Natural Resources govern fishing elsewhere in the park.
- The spring house on this property is an historic resource. While enjoying and learning from it, please treat the building with respect to protect its integrity and avoid damage to the structure.
- The following activities may not be undertaken within the park unless written authorization has been obtained from the Township:
- The distributing, selling, servicing, or renting of any supplies, equipment, material, or commodity; or soliciting for any reason.
The written authorization must be in the possession of the party undertaking the activity
- Please do not post any sign, including but not limited to political or real estate signs, within the park.
- The Township is not responsible for lost, damaged, or stolen property.
- No hunting on any trail or other part of the park property is permitted.
- In case of an emergency, call 911.
Any person(s) who violates any of these rules or regulations shall be guilty of a Summary Offense and shall, upon conviction, be sentenced to pay a fine not exceeding $1,000 or imprisonment for a term not exceeding 90 days, or both.